Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Time

It is finally warm and summer like in Alberta so why does my paint brush fail me now? I have been waiting for this wonderful time to arrive.  Is this an another example of procrastination or is it fear?  As a painters I often face this wall but I try to scale up the wall using perserverence and disipline as my main tools.  So why, now, do I struggle? Why does this hurdle feel too big to scale?
Something about the summer allows me to think it is ok to slack off.  Long days offer and temp me that there are more hours in the day to complete my work.  I will have to raise my paintbrush, soon, and try to do battle with my wall or my minds eye may exaggerate this wall until it appears to be a mountain.  Then I would need new climbing gear- which could mean a shopping trip...Hmmmm

No comments: